We’ve all been there. You’re feeling down in the dumps and nothing seems to be going your way. Whether you’re dealing with a string of bad luck or you’re just having a case of the blues, there are plenty of things you can do to turn that frown upside down. So, the next time you’re feeling unhappy, try one of these 25 things and see how much better you feel!
1. Watch a sunrise or sunset
2. Listen to music that makes you happy
3. Spend time with friends or family members who make you laugh
4. Play with a pet
5. Go for a walk in nature
7. Write in a journal
8. Read a book that brings you joy
9. Make someone else smile
10. Do something nice for someone without expecting anything in return
11. Volunteer your time to help others in need
12. Help an animal in need
13. Bake something delicious
14. Go on a road trip
15. Take yourself on a date – go to a movie, out to eat, etc.
16. Give yourself a makeover – hair, nails, clothes, etc.
17. Redecorate your living space/bedroom
18. take yourself on a shopping spree – buy something you’ve been wanting
19. Go somewhere new – whether it’s a town over or a country across the world
20. Learn something new – take a class, watch tutorial videos, read about it
21. Set some goals for yourself and make a plan on how to achieve them
22. Start or join a meetup group centered around something you love
23. Treat yourself! Have a spa day, get that massage or mani/pedi you’ve been wanting
24. Take some “me” time for yourself – do whatever relaxes and rejuvenates YOU
25. Celebrate your accomplishments – no matter how small they may seem, YOU did it!
Whether you’re feeling down about something specific or you’re just having an off day, there’s always something you can do to turn that frown upside down. So next time you find yourself feeling unhappy, try one of these 25 things and see how much better you feel!